Surrounded On Sundays - 5.1/quad reviews and summaries

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riskylogic

riskylogic Forum Resident

I thought the TD mixes were underwhelming - nice to have but not really worth it to me. Ditto with Bruford, Rolling Stones both of which I paid over $100 for. We've been over this before, but it's even more ridiculous to box LPs with 5.1 (e.g. the Fleetwood Mac and Chris Squire boxes). Of course, some of the 5.1s from boxes are good but on the whole I think I have fared as well or maybe even better with the stand alones and book sets.

2. J_Surround

J_Surround Forum Resident

For me, there's a simple litmus test when it comes to buying the big boxes: who did the mix? If it's someone who consistently delivers high-quality surround mixes (Elliot Scheiner, Steven Wilson, Bob Clearmountain, etc), I'm happy to purchase. On the other hand, if it's someone that I've never heard of at all--or has an inconsistent track record (Jakko Jakszyk, Giles Martin, Richard Chycki, etc)--perhaps it's best to wait for reviews and/or a sale.

3. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

I wish someone would review the 5.1 mix of The First Day by Sylvian & Fripp, but as it exists only in my imagination, a review might be difficult to procure.

4. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

It sounds like an ideal surround mix. :D

mark winstanley likes this.
  5. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

Man that is cruel ... I was about to look for it lol

duneman, kenbefound and MoonPool like this.
  6. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

I bring it up from time to time, hoping that someone on the SHMF might be in the position to make it happen, so I apologize for any skipped heartbeats. But if you do find it, please let me know. ;-)

7. mark winstanley

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene

Jean Michel Jarre* ‎– Oxygene (New Master Recording & DVD Live)

Label: EMI ‎– 50999 5141372 9, Capitol Music ‎– 50999 5141372 9, Aero Productions ‎– 50999 5141372 9
    Format:
    CD, Album, Enhanced DVD, DVD-Video, Multichannel, PAL
    France
    Released: 2007
    Genre: Electronic
    Style: Abstract, Ambient

[​IMG][​IMG]

CD-1 Oxygene (Part I)
    CD-2 Oxygene (Part II)
    CD-3 Oxygene (Part III)
    CD-4 Oxygene (Part IV)
    CD-5 Oxygene (Part V)
    CD-6 Oxygene (Part VI)
    Live In Your Living Room (PCM Stereo / Dolby Digital 5.1)
    DVD-1 Prelude
    DVD-2 Oxygene (Part I)
    DVD-3 Oxygene (Part II)
    DVD-4 Oxygene (Part III)
    DVD-5 Variation I
    DVD-6 Oxygene (Part IV)
    DVD-7 Variation II
    DVD-8 Oxygene (Part V)
    DVD-9 Variation III
    DVD-10 Oxygene (Part VI)
    Studio Album (PCM // DD 5.1 // DTS)
    DVD-11 Oxygene (Part I)
    DVD-12 Oxygene (Part II)
    DVD-13 Oxygene (Part III)
    DVD-14 Oxygene (Part IV)
    DVD-15 Oxygene (Part V)
    DVD-16 Oxygene (Part VI)
    DVD-17 Making-Of
    DVD-18 Instruments

Oxygène: New Master Recording, also known as Oxygène New Master Recording 2007 and Oxygène (New Master Recording), is a new recording by Jean-Michel Jarre of his album Oxygène. It was released in 2007, marking the 30th anniversary of the original worldwide release. It is his first release on EMI Records.

The album was released in three different editions:

• a 5.1 Music Disc edition featuring the new digital master recording of Oxygène
    • a CD and 2D DVD special edition featuring Oxygène — Live in Your Living Room DVD (an exclusive private live performance of Oxygène, filmed in Lint, Belgium)
    • a limited edition CD + 3D DVD featuring Oxygène — Live in Your Living Room DVD in stereoscopic 3D High-Definition, which also includes two pairs of 3D glasses.
    To promote this release, Jean-Michel Jarre performed a series of ten Oxygène Live concerts in Paris, inside the Theâtre Marigny, from 12 to 26 December 2007. Jarre performed new 90 minute live performances of Oxygène, complete with new tracks, using only vintage synthesizers and assisted on stage by French musicians Francis Rimbert, Claude Samard and Dominique Perrier.

In 2008, The Mail on Sunday newspaper distributed more than 2 million copies of the Oxygène: New Master Recording CD to its readers in the United Kingdom. In that same year, Francis Dreyfus Music said it intended to bring legal action against The Mail on Sunday and EMI, based on the claim that the contents of the CD did not come from the new re-recorded master, but from the original master of which the French label owned the rights.[1]
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, so I forgot that I had even bought this.
    I must say that when I really think about it, this original album from 1976, is probably the first album that made me like the idea of synthesisers. I often refer to Genesis and their keyboards being a lead in, and several late seventies, early eighties synth bands, but this album laid the groundwork, and also Vangelis Chariots Of Fire.... Both albums were used in soundtracks to good movies, which doesn't hurt, but both had such atmospheric and musical arrangements that I was drawn in and I had the inkling that Synths weren't the enemy, just more musical instruments to enjoy.

Anyway, I am assuming this is a re-recording of the album in 2007. Perhaps if @riskylogic has this, he would like to do the Live In Your Living Room section.... otherwise I can look at that some other time on the Live On Saturday's thread.

Anyway I have no idea what to expect here .... so.

available on discogs for about $26 Jean Michel Jarre* - Oxygene (New Master Recording & DVD Live)
    On Amazon from about $25 https://www.amazon.com/Oxygene-Live-Your-Living-Room/dp/B000XBYU52

5.1 mix Jean Michel Jarre
    Mastering and audio consultant Dave Dadwater

I
    This is in dts 5.1..... now I believe it was recorded in 96/24... look at the cover Mark ! Ahhh.
    Recorded, mixed and mastered in 96/24.
    It sounds very good, not sure how the tech translates, but I assume that regular dts 5.1 is less than 96/24?
    Anyway
    To me at least, much more importantly, it sounds great, and without cross referencing for a particularly close technical breakdown, it sounds like Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene 1976, and it sounds crystal clear to me, with bigger bottom end, but not overwhelmingly so.
    Ok, don't know why I went into that, but there is a list of the different synths and what have you that he used on here.
    While all this is playing we have a pretty cool digitally generated video that accompanies it.
    We have layers of synths and they play their entwining patterns. The raising crescendo synth that roll like a digital signal goes from the front and rolls out of the rears.
    It is hard to describe in a way, because there aren't any really different instruments. It is an atmospheric painting of sounds, layered and so interestingly rhythmic, when there is no beat.
    The mix is excellent. The quality of the mix, and the sound is balanced, and
    It sounds great

II
    This was a bit of a hit in Oz in was used in the Movie Gallipoli about the WWI landing.
    We start to get some nice percussive elements and a pulsing rhythm with a nice sub assisted bottom end.
    The churning synths, whooshing all around the place.
    If Jean mixed this he did a great job I think. If you know the track, you'll hear the percussive sounds all around really nicely balanced and all those lush layers of melodic and rhythmic synths swirling around you, replicating the idea of the world breathing around you, which is how I always envisaged what he was going for here. With all it's different rhythms, gasps and swirls.

III
    The mists swoosh as we roll into 3
    Like crashing waves the slide around us.
    Leading to a crescendo of almost drifting atonal melody that resolves beautifully.
    We get a held chord in the front, a solid kick with a nice punch.
    Dancing counter melodies in the rears.
    It swirls into the mist around you are hearing and slowly fades down

IV
    We move into probably the best known track... I think
    This croak percussive sound left rear.
    Kick and stick front.
    The stabs of steam push out the rears.
    The swirl around.
    The lead synth comes from the front, but it also seems to drift back and forth between the rears.

V
    Really hard to describe in any efficient way.
    Essentially we have a really good sounding, balanced mix
    I guess the best way to described how this is being mixed is, it is somewhat spherical, and kind of existing around us in that sense.
    Swelling, swirling, twinkling sounds around us.
    Then we break into a sort of early techno.
    The slapping rhythm bounces about.
    Chirpy highs in the rears.
    Digital stabs either side.
    While the main melody swirls mainly up the front, but with accented rears entries.
    Steam in the rear, thumps like a wave in the front.
    Seagull sounds and waves crashing around us.

VI
    A beat comes up slowly as the waves slowly fade out.
    Seagulls flowing out the rears.
    Thick breaths from the rears, lower to mid melody synth in front.
    Counter synths come in from the sides.
    If Jarre did this one so well, I would love him to look at Magnetic Fields or Equinox.

Look, it is really hard to break this one down for me. It isn't a guitar here or a piano there kind of album.
    Anyway, I reckon it sounds excellent. I can't see how you would like this album, and not love this in the surround field.

This is actually the bonus material.
    So let's have a quick look at what this comes with. Also in the bonus section is a little making of video.
    We also have instruments, and Jean takes us through his synths.
    I would imagine a synth enthusiast would love this actually. We are in a room full of old synths, and Jean walks around playing and explaining them.
    He straps on a guitar style over the shoulder synth and has a bit jam, and moves on.
    I'm a guitar guy through and through, and this is really interesting... and I must say his collection makes me a bit jealous, not that I would have a clue how to use them lol
    Mellotron, theremin
    That was cool.

Live in your living room is the main feature. The room of so many different synths is where we are.
    We have Jean and three other guys going to different synths. They play these atmospheric building blocks.
    This is the prelude to the live Oxygene. This is pretty cool, it seems to have a very immersive mix, like the album. This is different to the album, although the sounds are the same.
    A guy moves to the organ pedals and we're away.
    This looks and sounds really cool.
    It is just four guys manipulating and playing these synths, but it is cool to watch. It's a very immersive mix ....
    Anyway, I might run through this later in the week if risky doesn't have it.

I reckon at $26 bucks, this is excellent value. I don't know how many are around, but I reckon this is a very cool set.
    For me worth it just for the Oxygene album mix.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Joe McKee, pantofis, jamesc and 4 others like this.
  8. mark winstanley

This concert type video is excellent.
    Nice mix, like a very good studio mix.

9. riskylogic

Just ordered it, but if you want to review the video by all means have at it. I have the Hackett orchestra video now, so you're off the hook for that one.

10. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I've been a Dream Theater fan boy since the early 90's.

In total, Dream Theater has three surround albums
    • Systematic Chaos
    • Dream Theater (S/T)
    • Distance Over Time
    I'd rank them in the following order
    • #1 Album - Systematic Chaos
    • #1 Surround Mix - Dream Theater (S/T)
    I'd vote the S/T album for the best surround mix just for the first 30 seconds of the album alone, played at full reference volumes of course.

11. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

I'll follow up my post that Distance Over Time represents the best combo-platter of music and mix.

So in other words, one is obliged to get all three :righton:

12. mark winstanley

Haven't had a chance to listen to the self titled yet, but I reckon I would have to agree anyway

weekendtoy likes this.
  13. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

ha I wish too but the vinyl pressing is pretty great. But a Manafon 5.1 review would be nice or other off the beaten path titles like Sakamoto’s ASYNC or Bonnie prince billy’s the letting go all great surround mixes.

14. mark winstanley

Heathen

[​IMG]
    Studio album by
    David Bowie
    Released
    11 June 2002[1]
    Recorded October 2000 – January 2002
    Studio Looking Glass (Manhattan, NY) Allaire (Shokan, NY) 606 (Alexandria, VA) Eel Pie (Twickenham, England)
    Genre Art rock art pop[2]
    Length 52:08
    Label ISO Columbia
    Producer David Bowie Tony Visconti Mark Plati Gary Miller Brian Rawling

Heathen (stylised as uǝɥʇɐǝɥ) is the 22nd studio album by English musician David Bowie, released on 11 June 2002 on his ISO Records label, in conjunction with Columbia Records. Although its production had started before the September 11 attacks in 2001, the album was finished after that date, which resulted in the influencing of its concept.[1][14][15] It was considered a comeback for him in the US market by becoming his highest charting album (number 14) since Tonight (1984). It also earned strong reviews. The BBC said the album's title track "shows that Bowie could still pen disarmingly direct, affecting pop of a very individual inclination 30-plus years after he started".[16] Worldwide, it sold one million copies[17] and experienced a four-month run on the UK charts. He supported the album on the Heathen Tour throughout 2002.

Additional personnel
    Design credits
    1. "Sunday" 4:45
    2. "Cactus" Black Francis 2:54
    3. "Slip Away" 6:05
    4. "Slow Burn" 4:41
    5. "Afraid" 3:28
    6. "I've Been Waiting for You" Neil Young 3:00
    7. "I Would Be Your Slave" 5:14
    8. "I Took a Trip on a Gemini Spaceship" Norman Carl Odam 4:04
    9. "5:15 The Angels Have Gone" 5:00
    10. "Everyone Says 'Hi'" 3:59
    11. "A Better Future" 4:11
    12. "Heathen (The Rays)" 4:16
    Total length: 52:08
    ------------------------------------------
    So far we have looked at - Bowie, David - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars - Young Americans - Station To Station - Stage.

Bowie is an important figure in the latter day rock music world. His somewhat chameleon-like presentation, and his stretching of the commercially acceptable music stylings helped open up the market in many ways, and we have many albums of high quality through the catalog.
    There seems to be a lot of debate about how worthwhile a lot of the later albums are, some suggesting excellent, and some suggesting not really worth the effort.
    Back in the day I stopped with Bowie around the time of Labyrinth, though there wasn't really anything that I had been bothered by, I was done for the time being. With the releases of the box sets covering periods of Bowies career, I ended up filling in the gaps, and enjoying the alternate albums they put in them, and I was looking forward to the next installation in the series when they stopped. I was somewhat able to sidestep this with two latter day 5.1 albums with Heathen and Reality. I believe so far for both of them, I have just had a quick test listen, but I haven't had a chance to listen to either in full.

I did get the impression at the time that I would like the Heathen album, and well here we are with the double trial of trying to engage with this new to me album, and trying to describe if it has a surround track worthwhile for our happy band of music lovers on here.

Anyway, as is always the case with one of these new to me albums, lets dive right in.

This is the actual track-list
    1 Sunday 4:47
    2 Cactus 2:52
    3 Slip Away 6:14
    4 Slow Burn 5:04
    5 Afraid 3:25
    6 I've Been Waiting For You 3:16
    7 I Would Be Your Slave 5:09
    8 I Took A Trip On A Gemini Spaceship 4:05
    9 5:15 The Angels Have Gone 5:25
    10 Everyone Says 'Hi' 3:56
    11 A Better Future 3:56
    12 Heathen (The Rays) 4:13
    13 When The Boys Come Marching Home 4:49
    14 Wood Jackson 4:44
    15 Conversation Piece 3:49
    16 Safe 5:53
    but the disc has one of those sort of anti-cover covers. Everything is crossed out like it was written by an angry petulant child.

This is obviously out of print.
    on discogs - European pressing, from about $98 David Bowie - Heathen
    US pressing no copies
    Amazon 2 copies I can find for the crazy $900+ https://www.amazon.com/Heathen-Mult...channel/stereo)&qid=1609078371&s=music&sr=1-2
    Ebay has it from about $150 david bowie Heathen sacd | eBay

5.1 mix Hector Castillo and Tony Visconti
    Mastering Vlado Meller

Sunday
    Gtr right side
    Synth pad front
    Percussion left rear, alt percussion right rear.
    Solid kick comes in, with nice round sub assist.
    Bvox across middle, towards front.
    Synth pad on left also.
    Drums kick in towards the right side.
    Atmospheric opener, that has an adequately immersive mix. Enjoyable without being amazing.

Cactus
    Gtr right side
    Keys left side.
    Gtr left rear.
    The drums are again sort of middle-ish of the room on the right.
    This track has a bit of a glam throwback kind of feel, updated.
    We get a nice immersive mix with lots of nicely arranged instruments getting some space.

Slip Away
    Piano right side.
    Atmospheric guitar and synth sounds left side.
    Reverse reverb effect left rear.
    Mellotron or synth all around.
    Drums again are sort of middle of the room-ish, to the right.
    This has a feel like an updated Bowie psychedelic ballad from the seventies.
    Sounds good. The mixes are slightly unusual, somewhat quad-like, but they sound good, and we have nice immersion.
    This song comes across really well, and the mix is very good.

Slow Burn
    Drums up front.
    Piano front right
    Guitar front left.
    Guitar left rear.
    In the change the drums open up to the area from the first three tracks.
    Guitar right rear.
    These mixes are interesting, and like a lot of Bowie's music, ever so slightly disjointed, but digestible.

Afraid
    Gtr left side.
    Drums again sort of right side middle of the room-ish
    String in rears.
    Right rear violin.
    Nice bass up front.
    This has a nice spread of sounds.
    Guitar left side and a keyboard left rear, cymbal swells right side.

I've Been Waiting For You
    Guitars in rears, strings in rears.
    Bass up front.
    Drums again kind of middle of the room, to the right.
    Lead guitar pans from right to front and back.
    Synth pattern right side.
    We have the mix using all channels but not in a typical manner.

I Would Be Your Slave
    Drums in the rears, but some reference up front too.
    Strings all round.
    Bass nice and clear up front.
    Guitars left side.
    Nice balanced immersive mix.

I Took A trip On a Gemini Spaceship
    Percussion right side towards rear
    Percussion left side.
    Drums front.
    Solid sub bass front.
    Synth melody left rear.
    Orchestral sounds across middle.
    A swell of guitars and kind of white sound synths around us.
    A nice layering of tracks, and a nice immersive mix, well balanced and interesting.

5:15, The Angels Have Gone
    Again the drums have a sort of front across to right side mix.
    Clucky country type guitar front left.
    Synth pad front.
    Bvox left side.
    Guitars in rears.
    Synth swells in rears.
    Synth pad left rear.
    We get guitars and keys all round, and a slap/pop bass punches on the right.
    Interesting mix again. Immersive and interesting.

Everyone Says Hi
    We sell in from the last track, and synth pads across the back.
    Acoustic guitars front, left side, and right side.
    Doppler kind of synth sound on the left.
    Electric rhythm guitar left rear.
    Riff guitar right rear.
    Strings right side.
    Interesting disbursement of instruments. An engaging, immersive mix.
    Drums again kind of middle of room to the right a bit.
    Bvox in rears.
    Interesting and immersive mix again.
    Quite a dense recording and it works well.

A Better Future
    Again we get a crossfade.
    Drums same again.
    Sfx right side.
    Pad left rear.
    Ambient kind of guitars and synth reverberate around us.
    Really quite effective with the somewhat deadpan vocal delivery.
    Vocals in the rears.
    This song has a sort of brittle trebly sound to it, that is balanced by the sub on the bass .
    Interesting immersive mix.

Heathen (The Rays)
    Synth sounds all round.
    Pulsing sub comes in.
    Synth pad left side.
    Nicely immersive.
    Guitars come in all round.
    Drums same again.
    Handclaps right rear.
    Immersive and interesting.

When The Boys Come Marching Home
    Piano front.
    Synth sound swells right rear.
    Bass and drums front. Snare somewhat middle of the room.
    Strings rears.
    Again we get an interesting immersive mix

Wood Jackson
    Organ front.
    Swells into rears.
    Drums as per rest of album.
    Guitar front left.
    Organ left side towards rear, and another across the front.
    Percussion right rear.
    Again interesting and immersive.

Conversation Piece
    Guitar left front.
    Strings right side.
    Strings rears also.
    Elec guitar left rear.
    Drums similar to main album.
    Keys right rear.
    Again immersive and interesting.

Safe
    Swell all round.
    Strings rears, left rear.
    Guitars rears.
    Drums as they have been.
    Again lots of layers and we are immersed.

Firstly. I reckon this is a good album, possibly even excellent, but it is really new to me, and that would be my first full listen. The initial thing i was getting from this album was seventies Bowie sort of cross-pollinated with late nineties Bjork ... for want of a better way of trying to describe it. Anyway, I like it, I think that anyone that has enjoyed Bowie over the years could pretty easily find things to like about this album, and I dare say that subsequent listens would likely get this album in among the regulars... I think it is a very good album.
    The mix is certainly immersive, but it is a little unusual.
    I am not really sure if I am picking up on what they did with the drums particularly well.... it's like we have a field (mainly) from the front centre to the right rear, and in there somewhere the drums reside for the most part, not pushed to the side so much as in the middle and around that area. There are certainly times where we have other percussion in other areas, hopefully as stated up there. It is slightly unusual, but not aurally uncomfortable or anything. The only discomfort I really had was trying to pinpoint them. It is also very possible that we had duelling percussion tracks or whatever that created the sound/feel.... Anyway perhaps someone else can explain/describe better than I with that.
    I think that the mix is immersive. Yet it is an unusual mix.
    It may be somewhat like a hybrid kind of mix where we have a somewhat seventies quad mentality that is infused with a certain modern day soundstage idea.
    I am happy that I have this, but I don't think I paid a hundred bucks for it .... one can't help but factor that into the equation here....
    If I was a ravenous drooling Bowie zealot, yea I would probably want this, with my ability to pay a hundred bucks being the only concern.
    If I was a Bowie fan that liked this album..... if I had a spare hundred and wasn't too concerned about spending it, I would probably give it a go.
    If I liked Bowie and surround, but was fairly picky..... I would wait until I saw it somewhere for a price that was more in line with a single surround disc.
    It's really difficult with this one. I think it is well done, but it is somewhat different. It is immersive, but the way they have used the field is a little different... and it is the kind of mix I think some folks are going to really like, and some folks are going to wish they had that trap set right in the middle and spread slightly into the sides, not kind of offset, covering the right side of the audio field we have to sit in.
    If this was $25 I would say it is certainly worth a go if you love Bowie, and particularly this really good album. At a hundred bucks, there are just too many variables.
    I hope that is useful to some degree. A really hard one to sum up.

zobalob, gd0, Plan9 and 5 others like this.
  15. riskylogic

I'm not going to put one up on here today. I don't have that many left plus I did one on the video thread that is primarily an audio recording; it could just about as well have gone on here:

YACHT - Chain Tripping

I'll finish reviewing the Led Zep DVD(s) instead.

16. mark winstanley

It's the first time I have seen that any Sylvian was available in 5.1 .... I'm afraid at a minimum of $135 I would need someone to guarantee that it was a fantastic mix. I really like Japan, and would love Quiet Life, Gentlemen Take Polaroids and particularly Tin Drum in 5.1 ... I reckon Oil On Canvas could be made into a fantastic 5.1 mix ... but it remains to be seen if it will happen.

I have never heard any Sylvian solo material, but would probably lean towards the more well known stuff as an entry point. The albums that generally seem to get the most word of mouth praise are Brilliant Trees and Dead Bees On a Cake..... Manafon is completely unknown to me, so I just can't justify $135 on a complete unknown, at the moment.
    If you have it, please give us some kind of run down on the mix, and perhaps it will spark some folks to take a look at it, maybe even me.
    Cheers mate

zwolo likes this.
  17. riskylogic

It's not surround, but A Victim of Stars 1982–2012 is nice 2 CD compilation of Sylvian solo material.

18. zwolo

zwolo Forum Resident

Hey man, yes, first a huge fan of your reviews and your thread in general. Manafon is a strange beast for sure even in the Sylvian catalog of strangeness. You are on the money as far has wishing for a Tin Drum surround mix, what Steve Nye did with this material is fantastic, (I would love to see his Japanese Whispers from the Cure given 5.1 love but we have to settle for that acoustic sessions and other live dvds) I’ll try to write a review of the Manafon. My fave is Gone To Earth esp. the Frippy instrumental half and love Blemish but Manafon is a challenge for even the diehard, not bad whatsoever but a challenge, something more of us should welcome from artists. ( the Sakamoto by the way is fantastic And one of the few ambient 5.1 choices. The Will Oldham disc is haunting in its own way. Happy new year to all hoffmanites.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  19. mark winstanley

Second up here is a really hard choice. I guess either everyone was busy with Christmas, or not too many folks are particularly interested in this weeks choices :) ....

Anyway Alan Parsons, Alice Cooper, Bryan Adams and Tony Banks all got two votes ... and it seems like they are all in the less likely to succeed at getting votes, so the way I am going to break this down is by saying I haven't heard the Bryan Adams mix at all yet. I have listened to the other three and enjoyed them, but too long ago to really give anything other than I enjoyed them. Deeper listening makes for a varied opinion.

So Bryan Adams Reckless....

Reckless

[​IMG]
    Studio album by
    Bryan Adams
    Released
    5 November 1984
    Recorded June 1983, March–August 1984
    Studio Power Station, New York City Little Mountain Sound Studios, Vancouver
    Genre Rock, pop rock[1]
    Length 37:58
    Label A&M
    Producer Bob Clearmountain Bryan Adams

Reckless is the fourth studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Bryan Adams. Released on 5 November 1984 by A&M Records, the album was co-produced by Adams and Bob Clearmountain, and it was arguably Adams' most successful solo album. The album has reached 12 million album sales worldwide.[2] It was the first Canadian album to sell more than a million copies within Canada.[3] The album reached number 1 on the Billboard 200 and reached high positions on album charts worldwide.[4]

Six singles were released from the album: "Run to You", "Somebody", "Heaven", "Summer of '69", "One Night Love Affair", and "It's Only Love". All six singles made the top 15 on the US Billboard Hot 100, which until that time had been accomplished previously only by Michael Jackson's Thriller and Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA. The album was ranked No. 49 on Kerrang!s "100 Greatest Heavy Metal Albums of All Time" in 1989,[5] and 99th Greatest Rock Album of All Time by Classic Rock[citation needed] and was also named the number 12 Greatest Canadian Album of All Time by Bob Mersereau in his book The Top 100 Canadian Albums.[6] The album was recorded at Little Mountain Sound Studios, Vancouver, Canada. On 12 December 2009 the syndicated radio program In the Studio celebrated the 25th anniversary of the album.

A 30th Anniversary edition of the album, featuring previously unreleased material and a brand new 5.1 surround mix, was released on 10 November 2014 in both four and two-disc editions. The Reckless 30th Anniversary Tour also took place in November 2014, consisting of eleven exclusive arena shows in the UK.

• Bryan Adams – lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1, 2, 3, 5-10), backing vocals (2, 5, 10), handclaps (2), lead guitar (5, 9), percussion (4), piano (4), harmony vocals (6), gang vocals (7), harmonica (9), producer
    • Keith Scott – lead guitar (1, 2, 3, 5-10), rhythm guitar (1, 2, 3), backing vocals (2, 5, 10), handclaps (2), guitar (4), gang vocals (7)
    • Tommy Mandel – keyboards (1, 2, 3, 5, 7-10)
    • Rob Sabino – keyboards (4)
    • Dave Taylor – bass guitar (1-10)
    • Pat Steward – drums (1, 6, 7), gang vocals (7)
    • Mickey Curry – drums (2, 3, 5, 8-10)
    • Steve Smith – drums (4)
    • Jim Vallance – percussion (1, 2, 3, 5, 6), associate producer
    • Jody Perpick – handclaps (2), gang vocals (7)
    • Lou Gramm – backing vocals (2)
    • Gerry Berg – gang vocals (7)
    • John Eddie – backing vocals (5)
    • Bob Clearmountain – gang vocals (7), producer
    • Tina Turner – lead vocals (8)
    Engineering
    • Bob Clearmountain – engineer, mixing
    • Mike Fraser – assistant engineer
    • Michael Sauvage – assistant engineer
    • Bruce Lampcov – assistant engineer
    • Bob Ludwig – mastering at Masterdisk (New York, NY).
    Additional credits
    • Chuck Beeson – art direction, design
    • Richard Frankel – art direction
    • Hiro (51) – front cover photo
    • James O’Mara – inner sleeve photo
    • Bruce Allen – management
    1. "One Night Love Affair" 4:32
    2. "She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'" 3:14
    3. "Run to You" 3:54
    4. "Heaven" 4:03
    5. "Somebody" 4:44
    6. "Summer of '69" 3:35
    7. "Kids Wanna Rock" 2:36
    8. "It's Only Love" (w/ Tina Turner) 3:15
    9. "Long Gone" 3:57
    10. "Ain't Gonna Cry" 4:06
    Total length: 37:56
    ---------------------------------------
    Ok, so this album was huge when I was a teenager. I think to some degree typical eighties overexposure did this album no favours in the eyes of critics and wannabe critics, but essentially it was a really solid rock album that got played a little more than time would allow .... in some ways.

Bryan Adams kind of came to subliminal prominence as a writer, and other people were having hits with his songs. Then he made the very good Cuts Like A Knife album, and a couple of hits, got his name as a solo artist out there.
    A year later Reckless came out, and on the back of hit after hit, and radio saturation, it became a pretty huge album.... and it is a very good album, ticking all the boxes that Adams's style of rock needed to be a popular album across the board.
    Heaven was the big ballad that somewhat set the stage for Bryan's future, and he leaned that way and it seemed from the outside that he was the new romance balladeer of the rock world over his next few albums. I think to some degree this also got some quarters of the music world annoyed at Adams or something along those lines ... and to some degree Adams got a bit of kickback along the same lines as Phil Collins, but no where near as severe.

Anyway I like this album. I haven't heard this 5.1 mix yet. I haven't listened to the album in probably .... I don't know .... thirty or so years. So for me at least, this is going to be quite interesting.

It seems like this is somewhat rare as hens teeth at the moment.
    Discogs has this bluray audio for about $55 Bryan Adams - Reckless
    ebay has several copies, the prices are all over the place, please be aware there are a few Russian releases, that I can only assume are pirate copies Bryan Adams Reckless bluray | eBay

I just have the straight bluray audio.... but there is a 2cd/bluray version as well.
    discogs Japan pressing 2cd, dvd with Reckless movie, and 5.1 bluray from $111 Bryan Adams - Reckless
    Discogs European press 2cd, dvd with reckless movie, 5.1 bluray, with extra tracks from $25 Bryan Adams - Reckless

the bluray audio has the bonus tracks also
    11–Bryan Adams Let Me Down Easy 3:39
    12–Bryan Adams Teacher, Teacher 3:46
    13–Bryan Adams The Boys Night Out 3:53
    14–Bryan Adams Draw The Line 3:25
    15–Bryan Adams Play To Win 3:26
    16–Bryan Adams Too Hot To Handle 4:02
    17–Bryan Adams Reckless 4:01

So nearly an album worth of extras. They are 96/24 stereo Dts HD Master Audio

5.1 mix Bob Clearmountain
    I can't find a mastering credit

2014 Stereo Remaster 24 bit/96khz
    5.1 Mix original source 24 bit/88khz.

One Night Love Affair

She's Only Happy When She's Dancing

Run To You

Heaven

Somebody

Summer Of 69

Kids Wanna Rock

It's Only Love

Long Gone

Ain't Gonna Cry

Well, that'll teach me to buy stuff and not put it straight in the player.

I tried in the Oppo and the menu doesn't load up. It also has absolutely no controls working to try and make the disc do anything.

I tried the cheapo Sony bluray plater and I got a blank screen.

I have a mid-high level sony bluray player coming on Monday that has dvd-a and sacd decoding. I will try it in there as well. I was getting it as an emergency spare player, because the Oppo is ten years old now, and it makes me nervous not having an alternative in case of emergency.

I am assuming there is an authoring error with this disc. I cannot get the menu to load, and it can only be set up via that menu. My autoplay feature won't drag the info out of it. So I am afraid for now, I can't do anything with this disc.

jeffreybh likes this.
  20. J_Surround

J_Surround Forum Resident

Shame you can't get your copy working. It's an interesting mix--there are some discrete keyboard lines in the rear channels, but most of the surround effect comes from the massive '80s reverb/delays. You can really feel the drum and guitar echoes traveling through the listening space from front-to-rear. It's got an absolutely huge sound that makes the original stereo mix seem flat and unexciting by comparison.

The 88.2/24 sample rate suggests that the 5.1 was transcoded from DSD to PCM, implying that this title may have been originally slated for SACD release years ago.

21. mark winstanley

A Curious Feeling

[​IMG]
    Studio album by
    Tony Banks
    Released
    8 October 1979
    Recorded Spring-Summer 1979
    Polar Music Studios, Stockholm, Sweden
    Genre Progressive rock
    Length 52:54
    Label Charisma
    Charisma/Polydor (US/Canada)
    Caroline (US)
    Producer Tony Banks, David Hentschel

A Curious Feeling is the début solo album from Genesis keyboardist Tony Banks. It was recorded at ABBA's Polar Music Studios during a brief Genesis hiatus and released in 1979 on Charisma Records. It is one of only two of Banks' solo albums to have entered the UK Albums Chart, reaching 21 and staying on the chart for five weeks.[1] The album is a loose adaptation of the 1966 Daniel Keyes novel Flowers for Algernon.[2] Its cover was designed by Hothouse and contains Wuluwait - Boatman of the Dead by Australian artist Ainslie Roberts. It was digitally remastered in 2009.

1. "From the Undertow"
    2. "Lucky Me"
    3. "The Lie"
    4. "After the Lie"
    5. "A Curious Feeling"
    6. "Forever Morning"
    7. "You"
    8. "Somebody Else's Dream"
    9. "The Waters of Lethe"
    10. "For a While"
    11. "In the Dark"
    --------------------------------------
    As may have been clear over the course of the thread, I am a big Genesis fan, and I really don't particularly choose seventies or eighties Genesis, they are different beasts and satisfy different cravings, but when we did the Genesis album thread, it was very apparent that I liked And Then There Were Three, probably more than anybody else lol :)
    This led to discussions about Tony Banks and his solo releases. And Then There Were Three has, what I think is , a great track called Undertow, and this solo album starts with a piece of that track that wasn't used.... I saw it in 5.1 and figured, "why not".
    I think Banks is excellent, but I feel he is the kind of artist, that though very good, works better with someone to bounce ideas off, and so although I have enjoyed some of his solo work, it never quite reaches the level of Genesis for me.
    So keeping all that in mind ....

We have done these Genesis albums so far Overview of all thanks @MikeF63 - Foxtrot - Selling England By The Pound - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - And Then There Were Three - Duke - Abacab.

Amazon has 9 in stock and (more on the way) at $19.99 https://www.amazon.com/Curious-Feeling-Two-Disc-Expanded/dp/B019ECCZFC
    Cherry Red has this in stock for 11.99 GBP (pounds) A Curious Feeling: 2 Disc Expanded Edition - Tony Banks
    Discogs has it from about $30 Tony Banks - A Curious Feeling

5.1 mix Nick Davis
    Mastering Tim Young?

I have listened to this one once, and so I have no preconceived notion of whether I like it or not, and how good the mix is..... so lets see what we get.

Dts 96/24 5.1

From The Undertow
    Piano and synth pad.
    Cymbal swells in the rears.
    Low sub bass
    Piano is doet of across the middle with high keys right.
    Synth pads are sort of all round.
    A nice intro at about 2:45, atmospheric, immersive and enjoyable

Lucky Me
    Solid sub on the kick.
    We have a vocal in the centre, but also the stereo fronts.
    Arpeggio guitars and strums either side rears.
    A sort of adult contemporary type track I think.
    It's a full sounding mix. Nice, not amazing.

The Lie
    Pianos and synths around us.
    Drums roll from right side to front. Hats right rear.
    Synth swells and stabs in the rears.
    Again decent sub assist on the kick.
    This is a pretty interesting track.
    We have nice immersion. Again it is nicely around us, but nothing amazing.

After The Lie
    We move straight in here
    The piano kind of has the whole field, and the pad washes are to the rears.
    The rhythm section up front seems to be the easiest way to describe it.
    Melody synth right side.
    Marimba? Front left.
    Synth arpeggio left rear and right front.
    Lead synth up front.
    This, like the rest of the album so far, has a sort of lush full sound, with all speakers being used... it is immersive and enjoyable, but again not amazing.

A Curious Feeling
    Synth kind of left side.
    Acoustic guitar kind of right side.
    Mandolin? Left side.
    Percussive keys in rears.
    Again nice, but not amazing.

Forever Morning
    Again solid sub.
    Again dancing keys kind of surrounding us.
    Pads in rears. Soft melody up front.
    Organ left rear. Piano front to right.
    I think this albums has a lot of soft synth sounds, and they come across as being around us, but not really distinct in many instances.
    We are immersed, and currently some percussive keys in the rears have distinction with pads in the sides, and another keyboard up front.
    So immersive again, and it is enjoyable, but not sharp and distinctive if that makes sense.

You
    Vocals up front.
    Guitar front, and rears.
    Swells and pads in the sides.
    A somewhat orchestral sound here.
    A nice sounding mix, with choruses arpeggio gtrs around us.
    We jump into a Genesis-like synth break.
    Lead synth front, pads rears.
    We get a sort of galloping beat, and washes of synths all round.
    Nicely immersive, and quite distinct here.
    Probably the best mix do far in terms of being distinct.

Somebody Else's Dream
    Cymbals rears.
    Again keys all around.
    Again solid bottom end.
    A very similar type of mix here as with the other tracks on here.

The Waters Of Lethe
    A piano opens, covers from left side/rear to front right. Effects sends also.
    Melody synth up front.
    Swell of synth in the rears, and right side.
    Again solid sub.
    This dynamics in the use of the keys here lends itself to a very good sounding mix.
    A guitar melody line comes from front, left and right rear.
    This ends up getting a nice immersive and balanced mix which is more distinct in many ways, due to the somewhat percussive nature of the keys, rather than the pad-like synths on most of the album.

For A While
    This has a sort of bouncy pop jazz feel to it.
    Solid kick.piano across the middle.
    Synths rears.
    Another synth comes in up front.
    Melody guitar up front.
    Immersive, nice.

In The Dark
    Electric piano all around.
    Vocals front.
    Synth swells all round.

This is a pretty nice album. It isn't amazing, but I think it is solid. If Genesis is your reference point.... this is very like Genesis, but we don't have the jagged guitars coming into play. The drums are solid, but we don't get the power from them, that we are used to with Genesis albums. The vocals are very nice, but we don't get the personality of Gabriel, or the power and dynamics of Collins.
    I think Banks put together some good tracks, but I do think, for me at least, he does better when others are helping bounce ideas off him. Having said that though, I feel sure that a lot of folks may well like this album. It is smooth and easy listening. there are some nice uses of melody and dynamics. There are some nice variances in the flow, and for the most part, Banks put down a very solid album.
    The surround mix is kind of like the album, it is nice, it is immersive, but it isn't overly distinct ... for want of a better way of putting it. We have music coming from all the channels at various points. there are times that it seems like some keys are mixed to the middle of the room, and so the corners kind of miss out a little but the field is still full, if that makes sense.

I get the feeling that a Tony Banks fan would really enjoy this album and mix.
    I think that a straight up Genesis fan may be a bet each way, for the reasons described above.
    If you give the album a listen and like it, I assume that you would probably enjoy the surround mix.
    For me it all comes down to the album and the mix are both pretty good, and I don't regret getting it, though it probably won't get as many plays as a lot of other stuff.

22. mark winstanley

I'm hoping it will play in the new player, but I feel I may have bought a dud, and just didn't get around to playing in time to swap out ....

I just checked... it has been on the shelf for nearly 5 years... I do really like the album, but it never got passed that eighties overkill .... well fingers crossed that the new player likes it lol

Juggsnelson and J_Surround like this.
  23. mark winstanley

Reference to the albums

Adams, Bryan - Reckless
    (disc would not play, template)

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies - Welcome To My Nightmare

Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery and Imagination - Eye In The Sky - Ammonia Avenue

Alison Krauss and Union Station - New Favourite

Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South - Live At Fillmore East - Eat a Peach

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here - Weather Systems - Distant Satellites

Anderson, Ian - Homo Erraticus - TAAB 2

Anonymous - Wolcum Yule

Argent - In Deep

Ayreon - The Source - Transitus

Band - Music From Big Pink ... I did this twice

Banks, Tony - A Curious Feeling

Barclay James Harvest - GoneTo Earth

Bass Communion - Loss - Temporal

Beach Boys - Sunflower - Surf's Up

The Beatles - The Beatles (White Album) - Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band - Abbey Road - Love

Be Bop Deluxe - Futurama - Sunburst Finish

Beck, Jeff (group) - Rough and Ready - Orange - Blow By Blow - Wired

Beethoven - 3rd Symphony Eroica - 5th Concerto (Emporer) Barenboim/Rubenstein

Birdsong At Morning - A Slight Departure - Signs And Wonders

Bjork - Vespertine - Medulla

Blackfield - IV - V

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Blood Sweat and Tears - Blood Sweat And Tears - Mirror Image/New City

Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties - Agents Of Fortune

Bowie, David - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars - Young Americans - Station To Station - Stage - Heathen

Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

Bruce, Jack - Shadows In The Air

Bruford - Feels Good To Me - One Of A Kind

Buddy Miles Express - Booger Bear

Capella Romana - Lost Voices Of Hagia Sophia

Caravan - In The Land Of Grey And Pink

Charles, Ray - Ray Sings, Basie Swings

Chicago - III

Church - Forget Yourself

Clapton, Eric - Give Me Strength The 74/75 Recordings - Slowhand - Reptile - Back Home

Cobham, Billy - Spectrum -
    Spectrum (Quad) thanks @-dave--wave-

Coltrane, Alice/Santana, Carlos - Illuminations

Crosby, David - If Only I Could Remember My Name

Crowded House - Crowded House

Davis, Miles - Sketches Of Spain - In A Silent Way - Bitches Brew - Live Evil - Tutu

Deep Purple - Concerto for Group And Orchestra - Machine Head - Stormbringer

Dekker, Desmond - Anthology

Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward - Black Celebration - Violator - Delta Machine

Derek and the Dominos - Layla and other assorted love songs

Derringer, Rick - All American Boy and Spring Fever

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

Djabe - The Magic Stag

Donovan - Fairytale

Doobie Brothers - Toulouse Street - The Captain And Me - 5.1 to Quad compare - What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits

Doors - Strange Days - Waiting For The Sun - The Soft Parade - Morrison Hotel - LA Woman - Best Of

Drake, Nick - A Treasury

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos - Distance Over Time

Dubliners - Definitive Transatlantic Collection

Dukes Of Stratosphear - Psurroundabout Ride

Dylan, Bob - Blonde On Blonde - Slow Train Coming

Eagles - Hotel California

Earth Wind And Fire - Way Of The World/Spirit

ELO - debut album

Emerson Lake And Palmer - Tarkus - Brain Salad Surgery

Fagen, Donald - The Nightfly

Fahl, Mary - From The Dark Side Of The Moon

Ferry, Bryan - Boys and Girls

Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (1975) - Rumours - Mirage - Say You Will

Foreigner - Foreigner

Foundations - Very Best Of

Franklin, Aretha - best of

Gabriel, Peter - Up

Gallagher, Rory - Big Guns (Best Of)

Garfunkel, Art - Breakaway

Gaye, Marvin - Lets Get It On

Genesis - Overview of all - Foxtrot - Selling England By The Pound - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - And Then There Were Three - Duke - Abacab

Gentle Giant - Three Piece Suite - Octopus - The Power and The Glory - Free Hand - Interview

Gilmour, Dave - On An Island

Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead

Guns And Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Hackett, Steve - Voyage Of The Acolyte - Broken Skies, Outspread Wings - At The Edge Of Light

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters - Sextant

Hendrix,
    Jimi - Electric Ladyland

Inxs - Kick

Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death

Jakszyk, Jakko - Secrets and Lies

Jarre, Jean Michel - Oxygene

Jethro Tull - Benefit - Aqualung - Thick As A Brick - A Passion Play/ Chateau d'Herouville - Minstrel In The Gallery - Too Old To Rock and Roll ... - Heavy Horses - Stormwatch - TAAB 2

Joel, Billy - Streetlife Serenade - The Stranger - 52nd Street

John, Elton - Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection - Madman Across The Water - Honky Chateau - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Johnson, Eric - Ah Via Musicom

Kansas - The Absence Of Presence

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - The Traveller

King, Carole - Tapestry

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King 40th and 50th - Islands - Lark's Tongues In Aspic - Red - Beat - Thrak - (re)Construkction Of Light - The Power To Believe

Knopfler, Mark - Sailing To Philadelphia - Shangri La

Kooper, Al (with Bloomfield and Stills) - Super Sessions

Kraftwork - 3d catalog - Autobahn - Man Machine

Led Zeppelin - Song Remains The Same

Lennon, John - Imagine, Ultimate Edition

Living Colour - Collideoscope

Love And Rockets - Seventh Dream Of Teenage Heaven

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Southern Surroundings

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire

Manheim Steamroller - Fresh Aire 8 - Christmas Celebration

Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear - Misplaced Childhood - Brave - Afraid Of Sunlight

Marley, Bob - Legend

McCartney, Paul - The McCartney Years

Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell

Monk, Thelonius - Supreme Jazz

Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed - In Search Of The Lost Chord - A Question Of Balance - Seventh Sojourn

Morrison, Van - Moondance

Mussorgsky, Modeste - Carlo Ponti - Pictures At An Exhibition+

Motorhead - Ace Of Spades

Mozart - 40th Symphony - Rene Jacobs Le Nozze Di Figaro (The Marriage Of Figaro)

24. mark winstanley

Nektar - Journey To The Centre of The Eye

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - The Good Son - Henry's Dream - Abattoir Blues/Lyre Of Orpheus - Dig Lazarus Dig

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

No Man - Schoolyard Ghosts - Together We're Stranger

Numan, Gary - Anthology

Oldfield, Mike - Tubular Bells - Ommadawn - Five Miles Out - Crises - overview - Return To Ommadawn

Opeth - Ghost Reveries - Deliverance / Damnation - Pale Communion - Sorcerous - In Cauda Venenum

Pat Metheny Group - Imaginary Day

Pineapple Thief - Dissolution - Your Wilderness and 8 Years Later - Versions Of The Truth

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother - Meddle - Dark Side Of The Moon - Wish You Were Here - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason - The Division Bell - Endless River

Pixies - Doolittle

The Police - Every Breath You Take the dvd

Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream - Lightbulb Sun - In Absentia (deluxe version 1) - Update on fixed copy - Deadwing - Fear Of A Blank Planet

Presley, Elvis - 30 #1 hits

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway/If The Shoe Fits

Queen - A Night At The Opera - The Game

Queensryche - Tribe

REM - Document - Green - Out Of Time - Automatic For The People - Monster - Around The Sun

Renaissance - Turn Of The Cards

Return to Forever - Musicmagic

Rich, Charlie - Behind Closed Doors

Riverside - Love, Fear And The Time Machine - Wasteland

Rolling Stones - Goat's Head Soup

Roxy Music - Roxy Music - Avalon

Rundgren, Todd - Liars

Rush - Fly By Night - 2112 - A Farewell To Kings (Wilson version) - Hemispheres - Moving Pictures - Signals - Snakes And Arrows

Santana - Santana - Abraxas dts - Abraxas cdjapan - Live with Buddy Miles - Lotus

Shankar & Gingger - One In A Million

Simple Minds - Sparkle In The Rain

Sly And The Family Stone - Greatest Hits

Soord, Bruce - All This Will Be Yours

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger

Squackett - A Life In A Day

Squire, Chris - Fish Out Of Water

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

Sting - Nothing Like The Sun

Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion (Wilson and Åkerfeldt)

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food - Fear Of Music - Remain In Light - Speaking in Tongues - Little Creatures -True Stories - Naked

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra - Ricochet

Taylor, James - JT

Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker Neeme Jarvi

Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair - Seeds Of Love

Temple Of The Dog - Temple Of The Dog

Tesseract - Polaris

Thomas, Michael Tilson - Orff, Beethoven, Gershwin - Carmina Burana, An American In Paris, Rhapsody In Blue + more

Thompson, Richard - Rumour And Sigh

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes

Tomita - Firebird

Toto - IV

Townsend, Devin - Empath

Townshend, Pete/Lane, Ronnie - Rough Mix

T Rex - Electric Warrior

Uk - Night After Night

Ultravox - Vienna

Uriah Heep - Gold From The Byron Era - Best Of vol II

Velvet Underground - Re-Loaded

Wakeman, Rick - Six Wives Of Henry The Eighth

Waters, Roger - Amused to Death

Wayne, Jeff - War Of The Worlds

Weather Report - Tale Spinnin'

Who - Tommy - Quadrophenia

Wilson, Steven - The Raven That Refused To Sing - Hand. Cannot. Erase. - 4 1/2 - To The Bone

Wings - Band On The Run - Venus And Mars

Wishbone Ash - Bare Bones

XTC - Drums And Wires - The Black Sea - Oranges and Lemons

Yes - The Yes Album - Fragile - Close To The Edge - Tale Of Topographic Oceans - Relayer

Young, Neil - Harvest - Greendale

Zappa - Quaudiophiliac - Halloween

25. mark winstanley

Not sure what is happening next week. I'll put some choices up, and if we don't get around to them next week, we'll hit them the week after. I can't remember when the new albums will be coming and there are several.... In light of our little Bryan Adams issue this morning, if I get something new, it is going to have to get poll position and we'll work around everything.
    I hope everybody is cool with that. :)

So for next week? ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.